You can make a formal objection if you disagree with the amount of tax, interest, or penalties the CRA has assessed or reassessed. You have 90 days from the date of the notice of assessment, or reassessment, to file the objection.

You can file an objection:

  • online, using the “Register a formal dispute (Notice of Objection)” service
  • by mail, using Form T400A, Notice of Objection – Income Tax Act, or writing to the chief of appeals at your Appeals Intake Centre
NOT LEGAL ADVICE. Information made available on this website in any form is for information purposes only and is a general discussion of certain legal matters. It is not, and should not be taken as legal advice. You should not rely on or take or fail to take any action based on this information. If you require legal advice, we would be pleased to discuss resolutions to specific legal concerns you may have.